Saturday, October 31, 2009

Little Wing, Jimi Hendrix



This week's song is an acoustic/instrumental version of "Little Wing" by Jimi Hendrix. No vocals this week, sorry. This is a song that I've always loved, and I first played it in 7th grade for a talent show along with my good friend, David Gross. I'd like to dedicate this post to him, happy travels Dave.

This song is one of those songs that I needed to learn when I started playing guitar, and to this day I still remember most of it. Most of the song is soloing though, and since this week's recording just features me, it gets cut a bit short. It's alright though, I think what I ended up with sounds almost halfway decent. If you've never heard the song, you can find it here. If you've never heard of Jimi Hendrix, I seriously suggest you look him up and spend some time familiarizing yourself with this guitar legend.

I hope you guys enjoy this weeks entry, next week's will be one of the requested songs so keep an eye out; it could be a song you requested.

1 comment:

  1. Hey man great acoustics. This is great I have never been a big jimi hendrix fan but this is great. You have alot of skills in this field so keep doin what your doing. you have been able to play all these different songs so well considering the ranges of the musicand the tempo.
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete