Saturday, November 21, 2009

I'll Make a Man Out of You




This week's song was an idea that David Daniels came up with, and I think you're all going to like the final product. The song "I'll Make a Man Out of You" is the memorable track from the 1998 Disney film Mulan, a movie about a Chinese girl who poses as a man in order to go fight for the sake of her village.The song comes on during a montage where villagers were being trained for battle, which you can hear in the lyrics. The song was composed by Matthew Wilder, and the voice is none other than Donny Osmond.

The original version of this song can be found here.

Let's be honest, everyone saw this movie as a kid and loves/still remembers most of the lyrics to this song even today. Anyone who says anything otherwise is lying to themselves and needs to seriously rethink their life choices; sorry, but it's true. For as long as I can remember I've been singing along to this song, and I hope you guys end up singing along to this weeks post.

I have to give it up for David, as he did most of the work for this weeks post. Without your vocals this song wouldn't be half as great as it is, thanks again!

Sit back, hit play and remember how you used to jam out to this song when you were 8.


1 comment:

  1. HEY,
    I like what you did with this one man. I have never watched this movie before of heard the soundtrack but this seems to put a very creative spin on the song. You have really put out some unique and creative music. Good Work

    JBake

    ReplyDelete