Saturday, November 14, 2009

Evil, Interpol


This weeks featured song is from another New York Indie band, Interpol. Their song "Evil" comes off of their 2004 album Antics reaching 24 on the U.S. charts and 18 in the U.K. Their distinctive sound has earned them a special place in the world of Indie Rock, and their 2005 album Our Love to Admire has enforced with certainty that they're a musical force to be reckoned with.

If you haven't heard it, one my personal favorite versions is played live on the show "Later with Jools Holland" and can be found here.

This weeks recording does not feature any guest musicians, though next week David Daniels will be making a re-appearance for a cover he thought of doing. I assure you it will be excellent. And may actually make you "lol", "LYAO" and or "ROFL"... No promises though.

Some of the lyrics were improvised, so die-hard Interpol fanatics be warned; my memory isn't the greatest. I think you guys will like this song though, I was surprised with how my vocals sounded compared to that of Paul Banks (Interpol's vocalist).

So without further ado, "Evil" by Interpol.

No comments:

Post a Comment