Saturday, December 12, 2009

For Your Love, The Yardbirds



This week I decided to go to a little bit retro when I stumbled upon a really, really old song. "For Your Love" by The Yardbirds was a hit in both the UK in America- in 1965. This band has more or less fallen through the cracks today, however I think they played a pretty huge role in the development of "rock n' roll". This band gave a start to both Jimmy Page (of Led Zeppelin) and Eric Clapton (if you don't know who he is you probably don't care about this post), who both played in bands that shaped the sound of modern Rock.

Even though this song was old when my mom was growing up, its' incredibly catchy melody draws me in every time I hear it. There's a live version that you can find on YouTube, and I love how well the video shows the era that this song is from.

I tried to make this recording sound a little bit older by using different methods of compression, and different filters but ultimately I just ended up using the original recording. Luckily my computer mic isn't very good, so it sounds kind of retro to begin with.

Let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment