Saturday, September 19, 2009

Start Submitting!

Alright, so seeing as in this is the first post of the series, this is more of an introduction to the idea and (I'm sorry, I'm sorry!) will not be featuring a song.

...So what's this thing all about?

This blog is the documentation of a musical project, in which yours truly along with a number of guest musicians will re-write songs (chosen by YOU!) to be played on acoustic instruments. Once the song chosen for that week has been written and recorded, it will be posted here along with a link to the original song in case you aren't familiar with it. The song will be accompanied by a description of the musical process leading up to the finished product, pictures of the practice sessions and a little bit about the original artist.

Now the idea here is to find songs that will be interesting to hear turned acoustic. Song submissions can be from any genre, but try to pick something a little more unconventional than country or soft-rock. There are already about 10,000 versions of kids in their parents basement playing "Semi-Charmed Kind of Life" on the Internet, and we really don't need to contribute to that number.

So give me a challenge! Pick something interesting or odd, and I'll do my best to do the original piece some justice.













e-mail all song submissions to beegrenier@yahoo.com - make sure to include both song title and artist.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Brandon, the song is great. I myself am a big MGMT fan and you did a great job putting it in acoustic. The guitar was awesome as well it really resembles the original beat of the song. I know you said you are wanting ideas for songs. If I could recommend a song I think that "Daftpunk is playing at my house" by LCD Sound system would work great. But keep up the good work.
    P.S. let us know when your recording on the floor and we'll try to keep it down. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon... The View by modest mouse would be super legit. Cool project, and the MGMT song sounds great.

    Brad Nash

    ReplyDelete